Potato Salad With Grainy Mustard Vinaigrette
Serves 8| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 3 pounds potatoes (such as Yukon Gold), peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons coarse-grain mustard
- 1 small bunch fresh tarragon, roughly chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup Basic Vinaigrette
- Place the potatoes and salt in a medium pot and add enough cold water to cover by 2 inches. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until the potatoes are fork-tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and transfer to a serving dish.
- Whisk together the vinaigrette and mustard in a small bowl. Pour half the mixture over the hot potatoes, toss, and let stand for 1 hour. Just before serving, drizzle the remaining vinaigrette mixture over the potatoes, add the tarragon and pepper, and toss.
- Per Serving
- Calories 244.34Calories From Fat 45%
- Calcium 11.44mg
- Carbohydrate 31.66g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Fat 12.38g
- Fiber 2.69g
- Iron 0.59mg
- Protein 3.59mg
- Sat Fat 1.68g
- Sodium 299.95mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Drizzling the vinaigrette over the potatoes while they're hot helps them absorb the tasty liquid more readily.