- 3pounds potatoes (such as Yukon Gold), peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1tablespoon kosher salt
- 2tablespoons coarse-grain mustard
- 1 small bunch fresh tarragon, roughly chopped
- 1/4teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4cup Basic Vinaigrette
- Place the potatoes and salt in a medium pot and add enough cold water to cover by 2 inches. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until the potatoes are fork-tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and transfer to a serving dish.
- Whisk together the vinaigrette and mustard in a small bowl. Pour half the mixture over the hot potatoes, toss, and let stand for 1 hour. Just before serving, drizzle the remaining vinaigrette mixture over the potatoes, add the tarragon and pepper, and toss.