- 1 16.9-ounce box frozen potato-and-onion pierogi
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, cut into rings
- 1 crisp apple (such as Braeburn or Gala), cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 small head green cabbage, shredded
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- Cook the pierogi according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add the apple and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the cabbage, vinegar, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Cook, stirring, until the cabbage is slightly wilted but still crunchy, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Divide the cabbage mixture among plates. Serve with the pierogi and sour cream on the side.