Potato and Onion Flat Bread
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Heat oven to 450° F. Heat the oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until golden, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Transfer the onion to a bowl. Add the potato, rosemary, 1 teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and toss. Set aside.
- Wipe out the skillet, turn it upside down, and sprinkle the bottom with cornmeal.
- On a work surface, with your hands or a rolling pin, gently shape the dough into a round the same size as the skillet.
- Place the dough on the bottom of the skillet. Top with the potato mixture, arranged evenly, leaving a 1-inch border.
- Transfer the skillet to oven and bake until the crust is golden brown, about 20 minutes. Slice the flat bread into wedges.
- Per Serving
- Calories 376Calories From Fat 79
- Fat 9g
- Sat Fat 1g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 1,007mg
- Protein 11g
- Carbohydrate 62g
- Sugar 3g
- Fiber 3g
- Iron 4mg
- Calcium 14mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Make it a meal: Serve the flat bread with butter lettuce tossed with chopped chives, toasted sliced almonds, white wine vinegar, and olive oil.