- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, thinly sliced into circles
- 1 russet potato, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon whole rosemary needles
- kosher salt and black pepper
- cornmeal for the skillet
- 1 package (about 1 pound) refrigerated pizza dough
- Heat oven to 450° F. Heat the oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until golden, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Transfer the onion to a bowl. Add the potato, rosemary, 1 teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and toss. Set aside.
- Wipe out the skillet, turn it upside down, and sprinkle the bottom with cornmeal.
- On a work surface, with your hands or a rolling pin, gently shape the dough into a round the same size as the skillet.
- Place the dough on the bottom of the skillet. Top with the potato mixture, arranged evenly, leaving a 1-inch border.
- Transfer the skillet to oven and bake until the crust is golden brown, about 20 minutes. Slice the flat bread into wedges.