- ¾ pound new potatoes, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 small red peppers (such as Fresno), thinly sliced
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced
- 4 eggs
- 2 ripe avocados, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Boil the potatoes in salted water in a large, heavy skillet over high until fork- tender, about 6 minutes. Drain; reserve the potatoes.
- Heat the oil in the skillet over medium. Add the potatoes, red peppers, salt, and black pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are golden, 5 minutes. Stir in the scallions.
- Make 4 wells in the mixture with the back of a wooden spoon. Carefully slide 1 egg into each. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover the pan and cook until the whites are just set, 6 minutes.
- Top with the avocados, lime juice, and cilantro.