Potato-Crusted Salmon With Watercress Salad
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 1/4 pounds skinless salmon fillet, cut into 4 pieces
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 cups frozen shredded hash browns (not thawed)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 bunch watercress, thick stems removed (about 4 cups)
- 4 medium radishes, cut into wedges
- Season the salmon with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- In a shallow bowl, toss the hash browns with the flour. Sprinkle them on the salmon and press gently to help them adhere.
- Heat the oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the salmon, potato-side down, and cook until the potatoes are golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Carefully flip the salmon and cook until opaque throughout, 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the sour cream, vinegar, horseradish, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Divide the watercress and radishes among plates, drizzle with the dressing, and serve with the salmon.
- Per Serving
- Calories 341
- Fat 16g
- Sat Fat 4g
- Cholesterol 100mg
- Sodium 468mg
- Protein 35g
- Carbohydrate 11g
- Sugar 1g
- Fiber 1g
- Iron 2mg
- Calcium 75mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .