Potato and Celery Root Mash
Serves 8| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 3 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 pound celery root, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Place the potatoes and celery root in a large pot and add enough cold water to cover. Bring to a boil and add 2 teaspoons salt. Reduce heat and simmer until the vegetables are very tender, 18 to 20 minutes. Drain and return the vegetables to the pot.
- Add the half-and-half, butter, 1 teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and mash to the desired consistency. Sprinkle with the chives.
- Per Serving
- Calories 273
- Fat 11g
- Sat Fat 7g
- Cholesterol 32mg
- Sodium 446mg
- Protein 6g
- Carbohydrate 37g
- Sugar 1g
- Fiber 3g
- Iron 2mg
- Calcium 74mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
The potato and celery root mash can be made up to 1 day in advance; refrigerate covered. Reheat it in a bowl over a pot of boiling water. (Microwaving would make it gummy.)