Portobello Mushroom Burgers With Oven Fries
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: 15m| Total Time: 30m
- 4 portobello mushrooms (about 1 1/4 pounds total), stems discarded
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 4 slices Cheddar (about 4 ounces)
- 3 medium russet potatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds), cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4 English muffins, split and toasted
- lettuce and sliced red onion, for serving
- Heat oven to 425° F. On a rimmed baking sheet, brush the mushrooms with 2 tablespoons of the oil; season with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Place stem-side down and roast until tender, 18 to 20 minutes. Top each mushroom with a slice of Cheddar and continue to cook until melted, 3 to 5 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, on a second rimmed baking sheet, toss the potatoes with the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Roast, tossing once, until tender, 18 to 20 minutes; toss with the parsley.
- In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise and mustard. Spread on the English muffins and form sandwiches with the mushrooms, lettuce, and onion. Serve with the oven fries.
- Per Serving
- Calories 659
- Fat 39g
- Sat Fat 10g
- Cholesterol 36mg
- Sodium 909mg
- Protein 17g
- Carbohydrate 61g
- Sugar 3g
- Fiber 3g
- Iron 3mg
- Calcium 333mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
A flavored mayonnaise is an easy way to kick up the flavor of a burger or a sandwich: Instead of stirring mustard into the mayonnaise, try olive tapenade, pesto, or prepared horseradish.
Top Searches in Food & Recipes
Search Food & Recipes: