Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches With Cilantro Slaw
Serves 8| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1/3 small head of cabbage, thinly sliced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- frozen Chili Sauce, thawed
- 2 frozen pork tenderloins, thawed and sliced
- 8 sandwich rolls
- 5 small tomatoes or plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- In a bowl, combine the cabbage, cilantro, vinegar, oil, sugar, salt, and a few grinds of pepper.
- Heat the Chili Sauce in the microwave or in a saucepan over low heat.
- Divide the pork among the rolls. Top each with some Chili Sauce, Cilantro Slaw, and tomato slices.
- Per Serving
- Calories 383
- Fat 16g
- Sat Fat 3g
- Cholesterol 49mg
- Sodium 776mg
- Protein 25g
- Carbohydrate 36g
- Sugar 4g
- Fiber 3g
- Iron 3mg
- Calcium 78mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Mild and tender, pork loin and tenderloin work well with many cooking methods―roasting, pan-searing, grilling, sautéing. Tougher (and less expensive) cuts, like shoulder and butt, are best suited to slow cooking and braising.