Pork Ramen Soup
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 boneless pork chops (1/2 inch thick; about 1/2 pound total)
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 8 scallions, sliced, white and green parts separated
- 1 2-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 3-ounce packages ramen noodles (discard the seasoning packets)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 2 radishes, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Heat the oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Season the pork with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper and cook until cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Let rest for 5 minutes before thinly slicing.
- Add the scallion whites and ginger to the drippings in the Dutch oven. Cook, stirring, until softened, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the broth and bring to a boil. Add the noodles and boil, stirring occasionally, until tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the soy sauce.
- Serve the soup topped with the pork, carrot, radishes, cilantro, and scallion greens.
- Per Serving
- Calories 315
- Fat 8g
- Sat Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 40mg
- Sodium 782mg
- Protein 24g
- Carbohydrate 37g
- Sugar 4g
- Fiber 5g
- Iron 1mg
- Calcium 42mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .