Pork Loin With Sautéed Cauliflower and Capers
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 2/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds pork loin
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 head cauliflower (about 1 1/2 pounds), cut into florets
- 1/2 cup pickled sweet red cherry peppers (such as Peppadews), quartered
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Heat oven to 400° F. In a small bowl, toss the bread crumbs with 1 tablespoon of the oil; set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the remaining oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the pork with ½ teaspoon each salt and black pepper and brown on all sides, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Transfer the pork to a rimmed baking sheet; reserve the skillet. Coat the pork with the mustard, then pat on the bread crumb mixture. Roast until the internal temperature registers 145° F, 40 to 45 minutes (tent with foil if the bread crumbs become too dark). Let rest 5 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, to the reserved skillet, add the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil, the cauliflower, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and black pepper. Cook, tossing occasionally, until tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Add the cherry peppers, capers, and parsley and toss to combine. Serve with the pork.
- Per Serving
- Calories 403
- Fat 19g
- Sat Fat 4g
- Cholesterol 88mg
- Sodium 821mg
- Protein 36g
- Carbohydrate 21g
- Sugar 7g
- Fiber 5g
- Iron 3mg
- Calcium 52mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
The pickled sweet red cherry peppers add a tart-and-spicy bite to the cauliflower. You can use sliced roasted red peppers in their place if you prefer.