Pork Cutlets With Spicy Noodles
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1 1/2-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 pound udon noodles
- 1/2 pound shiitake mushrooms, stems discarded and caps sliced
- 1 red jalapeño pepper, sliced
- 4 thin pork cutlets (about 3⁄4 pound total)
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 scallions, sliced
- In a large pot, bring the chicken broth and ginger to a boil.
- Add the noodles and cook, stirring, until the broth is nearly absorbed and the noodles are al dente, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and jalapeño and simmer until the mushrooms are just tender, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, season the pork with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Coat with the flour, then the egg, and finally the panko.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the pork until cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Slice the pork and serve over the noodles. Sprinkle with the scallions.
- Per Serving
- Calories 494
- Fat 15g
- Sat Fat 3g
- Cholesterol 100mg
- Sodium 531mg
- Protein 35g
- Carbohydrate 53g
- Sugar 4g
- Fiber 4g
- Iron 4mg
- Calcium 46mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
To lower the heat on this dish, remove the seeds from the jalapeño before slicing.