low-sodium chicken broth
1 1/2-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
shiitake mushrooms, stems discarded and caps sliced
red jalapeño pepper, sliced
thin pork cutlets (about 3⁄4 pound total)
kosher salt and black pepper
large egg, beaten
panko bread crumbs
- In a large pot, bring the chicken broth and ginger to a boil.
- Add the noodles and cook, stirring, until the broth is nearly absorbed and the noodles are al dente, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and jalapeño and simmer until the mushrooms are just tender, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, season the pork with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Coat with the flour, then the egg, and finally the panko.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the pork until cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Slice the pork and serve over the noodles. Sprinkle with the scallions.