Pork Cutlets With Pan-Roasted Tomatoes
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 Roma (plum) tomatoes, cut in wedges
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- Slice the tenderloin into 8 pieces; pound until they are ¼ inch thick.
- Place flour on a plate. In a shallow bowl, beat the eggs. In another bowl, combine the bread crumbs, parsley, 1 ½ teaspoons salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Dip each cutlet in the flour, then in the beaten egg, and finally in the bread crumbs. Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- In 2 batches, cook the cutlets until golden and cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side; use 2 more tablespoons oil for second batch. Transfer to plates.
- Wipe out the skillet. Heat the remaining oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the tomatoes, vinegar, thyme, and remaining salt and pepper. Cook for 7 minutes. Add the pork and serve.
- Per Serving
- Calories 416Calories From Fat 41%
- Fat 19g
- Sat Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 127mg
- Sodium 941mg
- Carbohydrate 31g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 6g
- Protein 31g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .