pork tenderloin (1 pound)
dry bread crumbs
fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
Roma (plum) tomatoes, cut in wedges
fresh thyme leaves
- Slice the tenderloin into 8 pieces; pound until they are ¼ inch thick.
- Place flour on a plate. In a shallow bowl, beat the eggs. In another bowl, combine the bread crumbs, parsley, 1 ½ teaspoons salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Dip each cutlet in the flour, then in the beaten egg, and finally in the bread crumbs. Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- In 2 batches, cook the cutlets until golden and cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side; use 2 more tablespoons oil for second batch. Transfer to plates.
- Wipe out the skillet. Heat the remaining oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the tomatoes, vinegar, thyme, and remaining salt and pepper. Cook for 7 minutes. Add the pork and serve.