Pork Chops With Roasted Beets and Oranges
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 pound beets, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 oranges, cut into large chunks
- 6 cups baby arugula (5 ounces)
- 4 bone-in pork chops (1 inch thick; about 2 pounds total)
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- Heat oven to 450° F. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the beets with 3 tablespoons of the oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Roast until beginning to soften, 13 to 15 minutes. Add the oranges to the baking sheet and roast, tossing once, until the beets and oranges are tender, 15 to 17 minutes more. Add the arugula and toss to combine.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Season the pork with the oregano, thyme, and ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper and cook until browned and cooked through, 7 to 9 minutes per side. Serve with the beets and oranges.
- Per Serving
- Calories 432
- Fat 23g
- Sat Fat 5g
- Cholesterol 92mg
- Sodium 627mg
- Protein 38g
- Carbohydrate 20g
- Sugar 11g
- Fiber 6g
- Iron 3mg
- Calcium 221mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Use a paper towel to hold the beets as you peel them to minimize stains on your hands.