- 3tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/2pound rhubarb, sliced 1⁄2 inch thick
- 3tablespoons sugar
- 1tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 4 bone-in pork chops (about 1 inch thick; 2 pounds total)
- 1 1/2teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 small head Boston or Bibb lettuce, leaves torn (about 5 cups)
- 2tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh chives
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and beginning to brown, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the rhubarb, sugar, and ¼ cup water to the saucepan. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the rhubarb is just tender, 4 to 6 minutes. Stir in 1 teaspoon of the vinegar and remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of the remaining oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Season the pork with the coriander and ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cook until browned and cooked through, 7 to 9 minutes per side.
- In a large bowl, toss the lettuce and chives with the remaining tablespoon of oil, the remaining tablespoon of vinegar, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Serve with the pork and chutney.