- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 46-ounce boneless pork chops (1 inch thick)
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 small red onion, cut into 1/4-inch-thick rings
- 1/4cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 head escarole, torn into large pieces
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the pork with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Cook pork until browned and cooked through, 5 to 6 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in the skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes.
- Add the vinegar and cook until the onion is soft, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the escarole and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cook, tossing, until wilted, 2 to 3 minutes. Serve with the pork.