- 3tablespoons olive oil
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1pound cherries, pitted and roughly chopped
- 1/2cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/8teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 8 boneless pork chops, 1/2 inch thick
- kosher salt and pepper
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the shallots and cook for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the cherries, broth, marmalade, vinegar, and red pepper. Simmer until the sauce thickens, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the pork with 1 teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- In 2 batches, cook the chops until golden brown and cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Divide the chops among plates and top with the cherry sauce.