Pork Chops With Cheesy Grits and Jammy Tomatoes
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 cup quick-cooking grits
- 2 ounces Cheddar, grated (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 4 bone-in pork chops (1 inch thick; about 2 1/2 pounds total)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Cook the grits according to the package directions, stirring in the Cheddar, butter, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper during the last minute of cooking.
- Meanwhile, season the pork with the paprika, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the pork until browned and cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes per side; remove and set aside to rest.
- Add the tomatoes, vinegar, and sugar to the drippings in the skillet and cook, stirring often, until the tomatoes are soft and the liquid is syrupy, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Serve the pork with the tomatoes and grits. Sprinkle with the parsley.
- Per Serving
- Calories 645
- Fat 26g
- Sat Fat 11g
- Cholesterol 145mg
- Sodium 550mg
- Protein 51g
- Carbohydrate 50g
- Sugar 15g
- Fiber 2g
- Iron 4mg
- Calcium 171mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .