Pork Chops With Chard and White Beans
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 boneless pork chops (3/4 inch thick; about 1 1/2 pounds total)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 bunch Swiss chard, stems thinly sliced and leaves torn into bite-size pieces (about 5 cups)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 15.5-ounce can cannellini beans, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Season the pork with the paprika, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and cook until cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer to a platter and tent with foil. Reserve the skillet.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in the skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chard stems and onion and cook, tossing occasionally, until softened, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the beans, chard leaves, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper and cook, tossing frequently, until the chard is wilted, 2 to 3 minutes more. Mix in the vinegar and serve with the pork.
- Per Serving
- Calories 367
- Fat 17g
- Sat Fat 4g
- Cholesterol 97mg
- Sodium 623mg
- Protein 39g
- Carbohydrate 13g
- Sugar 2g
- Fiber 4g
- Iron 3mg
- Calcium 90mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .