- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 bone-in pork chops (about 2 1/2 pounds; 1 inch thick)
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- Heat oven to 400º F. Cook the rice according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season the pork with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper and cook until browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer the skillet to oven and roast until the pork is cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil in a second large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the broccoli, garlic, soy sauce, and ⅓ cup water. Cook, covered, until the broccoli is tender, 5 to 6 minutes. Serve with the pork and rice.