Makes 12 popovers| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, plus more for the pan
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Heat oven to 400° F. Brush the cups of a 12-cup nonstick muffin tin with butter.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, milk, eggs, butter, and salt until only a few lumps remain (do not overmix).
- Divide the batter among the prepared muffin cups and bake until puffed and a deep golden brown, 30 to 35 minutes. (Do not open oven door before 30 minutes or the popovers will collapse. Remove 1 popover to check that the underside is browned.) Serve immediately.
- Per ServingServing Size: 1 popover
- Calories 132
- Fat 7g
- Sat Fat 4g
- Cholesterol 84mg
- Sodium 116mg
- Protein 5g
- Carbohydrate 13g
- Sugar 2g
- Fiber 0g
- Iron 1mg
- Calcium 47mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .