Popcorn With Brown Butter and Parmesan
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 3.5-ounce package microwave popcorn or 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- kosher salt
- Pop the popcorn according to the package directions.
- Brown the butter: Melt the butter in a skillet or small saucepan over medium heat. Swirl or stir the butter with a wooden spoon as it starts to foam and sputter. Remove the butter from the heat as soon as it begins to turn golden brown and smells nutty, about 1 minute.
- Drizzle over the popcorn. Sprinkle with the Parmesan and ¼ teaspoon salt and toss well.
- Per Serving
- Calories 199Calories From Fat 105
- Fat 12g
- Sat Fat 6g
- Cholesterol 26mg
- Sodium 372mg
- Protein 5g
- Carbohydrate 19g
- Sugar 0g
- Fiber 4g
- Iron 1mg
- Calcium 80mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .