Pollock With Avocado Relish and Carrot Puree
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 1/2 pounds carrots (about 8), coarsely chopped
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 6-ounce pieces skinless pollock, scrod, or cod fillet
- 1 avocado, cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives, slivered
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, plus lime wedges for serving
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Place the carrots in a medium saucepan and add enough water to cover. Bring to a boil and add ½ teaspoon salt. Reduce heat and simmer until very tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Reserve ½ cup of the cooking water and drain the carrots.
- In a food processor, puree the carrots with ¼ cup of the reserved cooking water, 1 tablespoon of the oil, ¼ teaspoon salt, and ⅛ teaspoon pepper (add more of the reserved water, if necessary, to achieve the desired consistency).
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining teaspoon of oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Season the pollock with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper and cook until opaque throughout, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- In a small bowl, toss the avocado and olives with the lime juice and cilantro. Serve the pollock with the carrot puree, avocado relish, and lime wedges.
- Per Serving
- Calories 323
- Fat 14g
- Sat Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 99mg
- Sodium 615mg
- Protein 30g
- Carbohydrate 20g
- Sugar 8g
- Fiber 8g
- Iron 2mg
- Calcium 146mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
If you can’t find skinless fillets, cook the fish with the skin on and, if desired, remove it just before serving. (It will slip right off.)