Polenta With Blue Cheese and Garlicky Chard
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch Swiss chard, stems trimmed and leaves cut into 1-inch strips
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 cup instant polenta
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese (such as Gorgonzola; about 2 1/2 ounces)
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, until golden, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the chard, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Cook, tossing occasionally, until the chard is tender, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, bring 4 cups of water to a boil. Add 1 tablespoon salt.
- Slowly whisk in the polenta and cook, whisking constantly, until it thickens, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Divide the polenta among bowls and top with the chard and blue cheese.
- Per Serving
- Calories 278Calories From Fat 35%
- Fat 11g
- Sat Fat 5g
- Cholesterol 16mg
- Carbohydrate 36g
- Sodium 1039mg
- Protein 11g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugar 3g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .