Poached Halibut With Potatoes and Green Beans
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Place the potatoes in a pot with enough cold water to cover by 2 inches. Add 2 teaspoons salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until almost fork-tender, about 15 minutes.
- Add the green beans and cook 5 minutes more, until just tender. Drain and set aside.
- In the same pot, melt the butter over low heat. Add the chives, ¼ teaspoon salt, and ⅛ teaspoon pepper. Quarter the potatoes and return them to the pot with the green beans. Stir gently to combine.
- Season the fish with ¼ teaspoon salt and ⅛ teaspoon pepper and place in a large skillet. Pour in enough wine to reach halfway up the sides of the fish.
- Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes, covered, until the fish is opaque.
- Serve with the beans and potatoes. Spoon any extra chive butter on top of the fish.
- Per Serving
- Calories 387Calories From Fat 30%
- Calcium 147mg
- Carbohydrate 28g
- Cholesterol 77mg
- Fat 13g
- Fiber 6g
- Iron 3mg
- Protein 40mg
- Sat Fat 6g
- Sodium 394mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Choose halibut fillets with flesh that is a translucent, shiny white and springy to the touch.