kosher salt and black pepper
green beans, trimmed
chopped fresh chives
6-ounce pieces halibut
dry white wine
- Place the potatoes in a pot with enough cold water to cover by 2 inches. Add 2 teaspoons salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until almost fork-tender, about 15 minutes.
- Add the green beans and cook 5 minutes more, until just tender. Drain and set aside.
- In the same pot, melt the butter over low heat. Add the chives, ¼ teaspoon salt, and ⅛ teaspoon pepper. Quarter the potatoes and return them to the pot with the green beans. Stir gently to combine.
- Season the fish with ¼ teaspoon salt and ⅛ teaspoon pepper and place in a large skillet. Pour in enough wine to reach halfway up the sides of the fish.
- Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes, covered, until the fish is opaque.
- Serve with the beans and potatoes. Spoon any extra chive butter on top of the fish.