leeks (white and light green parts), thinly sliced
Yukon gold potatoes, sliced 1/4 inch thick
medium fennel bulb, thinly sliced
sprigs fresh thyme
low-sodium chicken broth
white wine vinegar
kosher salt and black pepper
boneless, skinless chicken breasts
bunch Swiss chard or kale, stems removed and leaves roughly chopped
extra-virgin olive oil
- In a large saucepan or pot, bring the leeks, potatoes, fennel, thyme, broth, vinegar, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer gently for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken, return to a gentle simmer, and cook for 7 minutes.
- Add the Swiss chard or kale and cook until the greens are tender and the chicken is cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and thickly slice it.
- Divide the chicken among individual bowls. Spoon the vegetables over the chicken and drizzle with the oil.