- 1 shallot, sliced
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
- 6 sprigs fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 4 6-ounce boneless, skinless bass fillets
- 1 head frisée
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- toasted bread, for serving
- Combine the shallot, thyme, parsley, mustard seeds, ½ cup of the oil, 1 cup water, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper in a large skillet. Bring to a low simmer.
- Add the fish and cook, covered, until opaque throughout, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Toss the frisée with the vinegar, the remaining 3 tablespoons of oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper in a large bowl.
- Serve the fish over the frisée with the bread.