- 1pound baby back pork ribs
- 2cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/4cup (3 ounces) nicoise or other green olives, pitted
- 1/4cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1/4cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 baguette, cut into 4 pieces
- 1bunch arugula, washed and dried
- 1/4cup pitted kalamata or other black olives, chopped
- Heat oven to 400° F. Place the ribs in a roasting pan or on a baking sheet in one layer. In a bowl, combine the chopped garlic, oregano, cayenne, 1 tablespoon of the oil and 1/2 teaspoon salt and mix well. Cover both sides of the ribs with the garlic and oregano mixture, coating evenly. Roast, flipping once, until tender, about 1 hour. Let cool, then shred the meat, discarding the bones.
- Meanwhile, make Green Olive Pesto: in a food processor, combine the garlic cloves, green olives, parsley, and basil. With the motor running, slowly add the remaining 1/4 cup olive oil and process until the oil is fully incorporated.
- Slice each baguette piece in half horizontally. Spread one side of a baguette half with some Green Olive Pesto and layer on some arugula and black olives. Top with some shredded pork and place the other baguette half on top.