Plank-Grilled Salmon With Lemon and Fennel
Serves 8| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 large or 2 small cedar planks
- 1 fennel bulb, very thinly sliced, plus 1⁄2 cup of the fronds
- 1 lemon, very thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 2 3⁄4- to 3-pound piece salmon fillet (skin on)
- kosher salt and black pepper
- Soak the cedar plank(s) in water for at least 30 minutes. Heat grill to medium. In a medium bowl, toss the fennel and lemon with the oil. Place the salmon on the plank, season with 1½ teaspoons salt and ½ teaspoon pepper, and top with the sliced lemon and fennel mixture.
- Place the plank on grill, cover, and cook until the fish is cooked through, 35 to 40 minutes. Sprinkle with the fennel fronds before serving.
- Per Serving
- Calories 280
- Fat 13g
- Sat Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 99mg
- Sodium 456mg
- Protein 36g
- Carbohydrate 3g
- Sugar 0g
- Fiber 1g
- Iron 2mg
- Calcium 41mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .