- 2 (10-ounce) portions frozen pizza dough, thawed
- flour for work surface
- 4 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced basil leaves
- Arrange oven racks in the lower and upper thirds of the oven. Heat oven to 475° F.
- Roll out the dough on a well-floured surface to make two 12-inch rounds. Transfer to two ungreased baking sheets (or two 12-inch pizza pans).
- Arrange the tomatoes on top of the dough, overlapping them slightly. Drizzle with oil and season well with salt and pepper.
- Bake the pizzas for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and top with the mozzarella and basil.
- Bake 5 minutes longer, until the cheese melts and the edges of the pies are crisp and lightly browned.