(10-ounce) portions frozen pizza dough, thawed
flour for work surface
tomatoes, thinly sliced
kosher salt and black pepper
thinly sliced basil leaves
- Arrange oven racks in the lower and upper thirds of the oven. Heat oven to 475° F.
- Roll out the dough on a well-floured surface to make two 12-inch rounds. Transfer to two ungreased baking sheets (or two 12-inch pizza pans).
- Arrange the tomatoes on top of the dough, overlapping them slightly. Drizzle with oil and season well with salt and pepper.
- Bake the pizzas for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and top with the mozzarella and basil.
- Bake 5 minutes longer, until the cheese melts and the edges of the pies are crisp and lightly browned.