- 2cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 1/2teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1cup sugar
- 1/4teaspoon pure almond extract
- 1cup shelled pistachios
- 1teaspoon anise seed
- Heat oven to 350° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the eggs and sugar on medium-high until light and fluffy, 4 to 5 minutes. Beat in the almond extract.
- Gradually add the flour mixture, mixing by hand until just combined (do not overmix). Fold in the pistachios and anise seed.
- Shape the dough into two 2-by-10-inch logs and place 3 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet. Bake until golden and firm, 25 to 30 minutes.
- When the logs are cool enough to handle, using a serrated knife, slice each log into ⅜-inch-thick slices. Place the slices cut-side down on 2 baking sheets.
- Bake, rotating the baking sheets and turning the biscotti over halfway through, until dry and firm, 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool completely on the baking sheets.