Pineapple-Marinated Steak With Spicy Potatoes and Green Beans
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak
- 1 pound new potatoes (about 10), halved or quartered if large
- 12 ounces green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 4.5-ounce can chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- In a shallow bowl or baking dish, combine the pineapple juice, soy sauce, and ½ teaspoon pepper. Add the steak and turn to coat. Let marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, fill a large saucepan with 1 inch of water and fit with a steamer basket; bring the water to a boil. Place the potatoes in the basket, cover, and steam until tender, 12 to 14 minutes, adding the green beans after 6 minutes; drain. In a large bowl, toss the potatoes and green beans with the chilies, oil, vinegar, cumin, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Heat grill to medium-high. Remove the steak from the marinade (discard the marinade) and grill, 4 to 6 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with the potatoes and beans, sprinkled with the cilantro.
- Per Serving
- Calories 425
- Fat 18g
- Sat Fat 6g
- Cholesterol 60mg
- Sodium 458mg
- Protein 41g
- Carbohydrate 26g
- Sugar 3g
- Fiber 5g
- Iron 4mg
- Calcium 73mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Real Simple is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit choosemyplate.gov.