- 1/2cup pineapple juice
- 1/4cup soy sauce
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 1/2pounds flank steak
- 1pound new potatoes (about 10), halved or quartered if large
- 12ounces green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 4.5-ounce can chopped green chilies
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 1tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/2teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4cup fresh cilantro leaves
- In a shallow bowl or baking dish, combine the pineapple juice, soy sauce, and ½ teaspoon pepper. Add the steak and turn to coat. Let marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, fill a large saucepan with 1 inch of water and fit with a steamer basket; bring the water to a boil. Place the potatoes in the basket, cover, and steam until tender, 12 to 14 minutes, adding the green beans after 6 minutes; drain. In a large bowl, toss the potatoes and green beans with the chilies, oil, vinegar, cumin, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Heat grill to medium-high. Remove the steak from the marinade (discard the marinade) and grill, 4 to 6 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with the potatoes and beans, sprinkled with the cilantro.