- 1 16-ounce box frozen potato-and-onion pierogi
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 crisp green apple (such as Granny Smith), cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 small red cabbage (about 1 pound), cored and shredded
- 1/4cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 2tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1teaspoon caraway seeds
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/2cup sour cream (optional)
- Cook the pierogi according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add the apple, cabbage, parsley, vinegar, caraway seeds, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Cook, stirring, until the cabbage is slightly wilted but still crunchy, 4 to 5 minutes. Serve with the pierogi and sour cream, if using.