- 2teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2pound Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1pound pizza dough, at room temperature
- cornmeal, for the baking sheets
- 1/2cup pesto
- 1cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 8ounces bocconcini, halved
- kosher salt and black pepper
- Heat oven to 475° F. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and cook, breaking it up with a spoon, until browned and cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes; transfer to a plate.
- Shape the dough into 4 rounds and place on 2 cornmeal-dusted baking sheets. Dividing evenly, top with the pesto, tomatoes, bocconcini, and sausage; season with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Bake until the crust is golden brown, 18 to 20 minutes.