Pesto Pasta With Green Beans and Potatoes
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, place the potatoes and salt in a large saucepan. Add enough cold water to cover. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until the potatoes are almost but not quite tender, about 15 minutes.
- Add the beans and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Drain the potatoes and green beans in a colander. Let cool slightly.
- Cut the potatoes into ½-inch pieces and cut the green beans into 1-inch pieces.
- Place the pasta in a large bowl and add the potatoes, green beans, pesto, Parmesan, and pine nuts (if using). Toss to combine.
- Per Serving
- Calories 820Calories From Fat 37%
- Fat 34g
- Sat Fat 7g
- Cholesterol 15mg
- Sodium 1,150mg
- Carbohydrate 104g
- Fiber 6g
- Sugar 7g
- Protein 25g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
To toast pine nuts, spread them on a rimmed baking sheet and place them in a 400° F oven, tossing occasionally, until golden, 5 to 6 minutes.