1-pound box linguine or spaghetti
Yukon gold potatoes (peeled if desired)
green beans, ends trimmed
(1 ounce) grated Parmesan
pine nuts, toasted (optional)
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, place the potatoes and salt in a large saucepan. Add enough cold water to cover. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until the potatoes are almost but not quite tender, about 15 minutes.
- Add the beans and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Drain the potatoes and green beans in a colander. Let cool slightly.
- Cut the potatoes into ½-inch pieces and cut the green beans into 1-inch pieces.
- Place the pasta in a large bowl and add the potatoes, green beans, pesto, Parmesan, and pine nuts (if using). Toss to combine.