Pesto Meatballs and Couscous
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Heat toaster oven to 350° F. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of the oil over the oven’s baking tray and tilt to coat.
- In a large bowl, combine the beef, bread crumbs, ½ cup of the pesto, egg, 1 ½ teaspoons salt, and ¾ teaspoon pepper. With your hands, mix just until combined. Shape into 12 meatballs, using about ¼ cup of the mixture for each.
- Transfer the meatballs to the tray. Bake for 15 minutes. Turn and bake until cooked through, about 10 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, prepare the couscous according to the package directions.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ¼ cup pesto and 1 tablespoon oil. Spoon over the cooked meatballs and turn to coat.
- Divide the meatballs and couscous among plates and sprinkle with the Parmesan (if desired).
- Per Serving
- Calories 929Calories From Fat 53%
- Fat 55g
- Sat Fat 14g
- Cholesterol 173mg
- Sodium 974mg
- Carbohydrate 60g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 3g
- Protein 45g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .