Serves 8| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 pound fresh ginger, scrubbed and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 12 ounces dried persimmons
- 1/4 pound pine nuts
- In a large saucepan, combine 10 cups of water, the sugar, and ginger and bring to a boil. Simmer for 5 minutes, remove from heat, and add the persimmons.
- Let sit for at least 2 hours to allow the flavors to steep. Strain into a decanter.
- Cover and refrigerate up to 3 days ahead. Serve chilled in teacups garnished with pine nuts.
- Per Serving
- Calories 73Calories From Fat 0%
- Calcium 0mg
- Carbohydrate 19g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Fat 0g
- Fiber 0g
- Iron 0mg
- Protein 0mg
- Sat Fat 0g
- Sodium 0mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .