- 2 1-pound New York or sirloin steaks
- 2 1/2teaspoons kosher salt
- 3 1/8teaspoons coarsely ground black pepper
- 4tablespoons olive oil
- 1tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 4 radishes, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cucumber (peeled, if desired), chopped
- 1 head butter lettuce, torn into pieces
- Pat the steaks dry with paper towels. Season with 2 teaspoons of the salt and 3 teaspoons of the pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the steaks and cook to desired doneness, 5 to 6 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let rest for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar and the remaining olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine the radishes, cucumber, and lettuce with the vinaigrette. Slice the steak and serve with the salad.