penne (1⁄2 box)
medium eggplant (about 1 1⁄4 pounds), cut into 1⁄2-inch pieces
cherry tomatoes, halved
cloves garlic, sliced
crushed red pepper
kosher salt and black pepper
fresh mozzarella, cut into 1⁄2-inch pieces
torn fresh mint leaves
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Reserve ¼ cup of the cooking water. Drain the pasta and return it to the pot.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the eggplant. Cook, tossing occasionally, until golden brown and tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, garlic, red pepper, ¾ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper. Cook, tossing, until the tomatoes soften, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the tomato mixture to the pasta, along with the mozzarella and reserved cooking water. Toss to combine. Sprinkle with the mint.