- 1 pound skinless salmon fillet
- 1 bay leaf
- 8 ounces penne
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- kosher salt
- 3 cups arugula
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- Fill a saucepan with enough water to cover the salmon. Add the bay leaf.
- Simmer the salmon until just cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from the pan and flake.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- In a large skillet, toast the pine nuts over low heat until golden, 3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- Heat the oil in the skillet over medium heat. Add the penne, salmon, lemon juice, and ½ teaspoon salt and cook until heated through, 2 minutes.
- Stir in the arugula and chives.