Cauliflower Penne Puttanesca
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 3/4 pound penne or some other short pasta
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small head cauliflower (about 1 1/2 pounds), cored and cut into small florets
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 28-ounce can whole peeled tomatoes
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- grated Parmesan, for serving
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and return it to the pot.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the cauliflower, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper. Cook, tossing occasionally, until golden, 4 to 6 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the tomatoes and their juices, olives, capers, and crushed red pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally and breaking up the tomatoes with a spoon, until the cauliflower is tender, 8 to 10 minutes more.
- Toss the pasta with the sauce. Serve topped with the parsley and Parmesan.
- Per Serving
- Calories 509
- Fat 16g
- Sat Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 1,011mg
- Protein 14g
- Carbohydrate 75g
- Sugar 11g
- Fiber 5g
- Iron 3mg
- Calcium 27mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .