Pecan Wedges With Brown Sugar Whipped Cream
Serves 8| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon dark rum or pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 1/2 cups pecans (12 ounces), roughly chopped
- Heat oven to 375° F.
- Line the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan with parchment or wax paper.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the granulated sugar, 2 tablespoons of the brown sugar, the corn syrup, and 1/2 cup of the cream. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer, stirring, until the sugar dissolves, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the rum, salt, and pecans. Pour into the prepared pan and spread into an even layer.
- Bake until golden and set, about 40 minutes. Let cool for 30 minutes before slicing into wedges.
- Whip the remaining cream and brown sugar until soft peaks form. Serve with the Pecan Wedges.
- Per Serving
- Calories 554
- Fat 47g
- Sat Fat 13g
- Cholesterol 62mg
- Sodium 56mg
- Protein 5g
- Carbohydrate 33g
- Sugar 22g
- Fiber 4g
- Iron 1mg
- Calcium 65mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Serve with Fettuccine with Bolognese Sauce and Broccoli with Lemon Crumbs.