- 1/2cup granulated sugar
- 3tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4cup light corn syrup
- 1 1/2cups heavy cream
- 1tablespoon dark rum or pure vanilla extract
- 1/8teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 1/2cups pecans (12 ounces), roughly chopped
- Heat oven to 375° F.
- Line the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan with parchment or wax paper.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the granulated sugar, 2 tablespoons of the brown sugar, the corn syrup, and 1/2 cup of the cream. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer, stirring, until the sugar dissolves, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the rum, salt, and pecans. Pour into the prepared pan and spread into an even layer.
- Bake until golden and set, about 40 minutes. Let cool for 30 minutes before slicing into wedges.
- Whip the remaining cream and brown sugar until soft peaks form. Serve with the Pecan Wedges.