Makes approximately 34 snowballs| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Heat oven to 350° F. Spread the pecans on a rimmed baking sheet and toast for 8 minutes. Let cool and roughly chop.
- With an electric mixer, beat the butter and 1 cup of the sugar until fluffy. Mix in the vanilla and almond extracts and salt. Gradually add the flour, mixing until just incorporated. Mix in the pecans.
- Shape the dough into tablespoon-size balls and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Transfer half the balls to a second parchment-lined baking sheet, spacing them 1 1/2 inches apart. Bake until lightly golden, 18 to 22 minutes. Let cool on the baking sheets for 10 minutes.
- Place 1/2 cup of the sugar in a large bowl. Toss the warm cookies in the sugar and return to the baking sheet. Sift the remaining 1/4 cup of sugar over the cookies before serving.
- Per Serving
- Calories 120Calories From Fat 57%
- Fat 8g
- Cholesterol 14mg
- Carbohydrate 12g
- Sodium 15mg
- Protein 1g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 6g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .